Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Book, books, books! (and contests!)

Most of you probably don't know this (or you might), but within a day or 2 of knowing me, all of my friends know that I love reading. Honestly, I live off of books.That is why I was supersuperexcitedwhen I heard about mini-reading challenges! They are hosted by various blogs and web sites and they usually set a time frame, subject and an amount of books to read.
I'm participating in over 5 of these challenges. Yes, I'm crazy, but hey, I have almost an entire year to read most of the books required!



1. Read Emma
2. Read Persuasion (re-reading, but whatever)
3. Read Jane Austen's 'minor works' book.
4. Watch Mansfield park 1986'
5. Watch Emma (the one from the 80's...)
6. Watch Persuasion (the one from the 80's...)
- On that note, everyone watch Northanger Abbey from the 80's. It's hilariously tacky in the 80's way :D.



1. Read Wives and Daughters
2. Maybe Watch Wives and Daughters for the 87th time?
OR
2. Read North and South



1. Read Daniel Deronda
2. Watch Daniel Deronda
OR
1. Read Middlemarch
2. Watch Middlemarch
OR
1. Read Daniel Deronda
2. Read Middlemarch



To be determined, but definitely:
1. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
2. Villette by Charlotte Bronte
3. Evelina by Fanny Burney
4. The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
5. Emma by Jane Austen
6. Persuasion by Jane Austen (re-reading, but whatever).
7. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
8. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
9. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (for the 128th (?) time, but whatever.)



There's no time limit and no set amount, so who knows?! Though definitely:
1. Lady of Quality (by GH, duh).



1. Anna Karenina (amazing book, but for some reason I can never get further than approximately halfway in. I've tried maybe 2 or 3 times!)
2. War and Peace.



1. The Pearl (I read it when I was 12 and I liked it even if I didn't understand most of the symbolism. Hey, I was 12).
2. Of mice and men (recommended to me many times!)
3. The Grapes of Wrath (also recommended to me many times!)



I haven't read any of him but I've seen the trailers for 2 movies based on his books, "He knew he was right" and "The way we live now" and they look really good!
1. Read He Knew He was right and 2. Watch the movie
OR
1. Read The Way We live now and 2. Watch the movie.



I really don't know what to read, but I'll discover new books! (Which is kind of the point of all of these challenges...)



1. The Winter's Tale by Shakespeare (16th century)
OR
2. A collection of poems by Veronica Franco (16th century) --> I'll be talking much more about her sooner or later!

I don't know what else... (Probably just books from other challenges that I'll already be reading?).

While I'm at it, there's a fabulous contest hosted by Fashionista 514 to win Badass shampoo and conditioner! :)

xo,
L.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, you sure are going to be busy! Thanks so much for joining Everything Austen!!

    ReplyDelete